In compliance with Arizona’s telehealth law (HB 2454), AZ Blue offers coverage of in-network telehealth services for members with fully insured individual and employer group plans. See below for more information.
Please note that self-funded group plans, plans from other AZ Blue Plans, Federal Employee Program®; (FEP®) plans, and Medicare Advantage plans are governed by different regulations as indicated below.
- AZ Blue fully insured plans (for employer groups and individuals under age 65) – See excerpt from the AZ Blue Provider Operating Guide about telehealth benefits (PDF). Also reference the audio-only code list from the Arizona Telehealth Advisory Committee (PDF).
- Medicare Advantage plans – See CMS list of telehealth services.
- FEP plans – Go to FEPblue.org > Telehealth Services.
- BlueCard® (out-of-area) plans – Check eligibility and benefits (other states may have different regulations) for telehealth coverage.
- CHS Group plans – Contact the group’s third-party administrator (TPA) listed on the back of the member ID card.