Support for Arizona Businesses
The economic impact of COVID-19 is taking a toll on business. Some Arizona companies have had to reduce, furlough, or lay-off staff. If you have clients who are in this tough situation, we are here to help. Just call your BCBSAZ representative.
In addition, there is a wide range of community and statewide support available to help businesses and nonprofits weather the COVID-19 pandemic. We created this resource list to make it easy for you to support your employer group clients in finding business solutions.
For small businesses
- CARES Act: The Small Business Owner’s Guide
The Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act provides information about the major programs and initiatives available from the Small Business Administration (SBA), as well as some additional tax provisions, as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Crisis support through the Small Business Administration
The Small Business Administration is offering crisis-specific support for small businesses. There is information on loans and other support programs for small businesses
- Chamber of Commerce resources
Locally, these chambers of commerce have COVID-19 resource pages with information specifically for small businesses:
The Arizona Restaurant Association, as part of its Arizona Takeout Weeks, setup a website that allows restaurants to post their takeout and delivery options. It also is a resource for restaurants to communicate with consumers if they are offering takeout or delivery during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The Alliance of Arizona has a page with current information and resources for nonprofit groups struggling amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Arizona Community Foundation has created the Arizona COVID-19 Community Response Fund to support immediate and long-term needs associated with the outbreak of COVID-19 in the state. It also created a resource page where nonprofits can apply for grants from the fund.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation is donating $550,000 to Arizona nonprofit organizations. The contribution will be spread among numerous nonprofits including emergency food supply and support for children of health care professionals. The Diamondbacks Foundation website is here.
For businesses statewide
- Prestamos CDFI
BCBSAZ is committing $5 million to Chicanos Por La Causa to provide loans through their lending division Prestamos CDFI (Prestamos) to assist Arizona business owners who have been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Full press release. Spanish press release.
- Arizona Together
Arizona Together at arizonatogether.org was launched by Governor Ducey to support individuals, families, and businesses as we work to combat the spread of COVID-19. Find ways to volunteer, donate, access support, and learn more about COVID-19.
- The Arizona Commerce Authority
The COVID-19 Arizona Business Resource page provides up-to-date information, tools and guidance on business finance support, workforce assistance, essential infrastructure information, supply chain and logistics, housing and links to the new arizonatogether.org site.
- The Arizona Small Business Association
The What You Need to Know page is a hub of credible information and resources connected with the COVID-19 outbreak.