In the Community
Corporate Giving at BCBSAZ
As a local company for more than 70 years, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona takes our commitment to Arizona seriously. We pride ourselves in aligning our success with the success of the communities we serve.
Every year we are honored to support many worthwhile charities and organizations through the contributions, talents and resources of our employees. We encourage our employees to volunteer, and our employees answer that call with their support to many organizations throughout the state.
Our corporate giving is focused on the initiatives listed below:
- Health, wellness and human services initiatives
- Arts and cultural programs
- Economic development and civic initiatives
- Youth and education
Apply for Funding
Before applying for support, use this information to determine if your organization is eligible for funding. Meeting the support criteria does not guarantee funding.
In determining which programs to support, we look for these criteria:
- Organization is in Arizona;
- Organization is a 501©(3), (4), (6), or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- A recognized government entity: state, county, or city agency, including law enforcement or fire departments;
- Educational institutions (must be accredited by the appropriate accrediting bodies)
- A church or other faith-based organization with a proposed project that benefits the community at large such as food pantries, clothing closets, food banks/food service, etc.
Non-Eligible Organizations and Programs
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona does not provide support for these purposes:
- Requests benefiting only one individual person
- Organization or projects that discriminate against individuals based on age, race, gender, religion or sexual preference
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Contests or pageants
- Third-party giving, including funds that are re-allocated to fiscally sponsored organizations (pass through)
- We accept and review requests on a calendar year basis
- The request needs to come directly from the organization
- Submit your request two to three months before you need funds for your event or program
Information and documents that will be needed to complete your request:
- Tax Determination Letter such as 501©(3) or 501©(6) AND W-9
- Ad specifications (if applicable). Please include specs for all levels of ads (not just the level for the amount requested). Ad specs to include ad size/dimensions and black/white or full color
- Event marketing materials such as invitations, brochures, flyers, save-the-date announcements, sponsorship benefits, or proposal/project descriptions
- Current Board of Directors list
Creating an account
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is pleased to announce we have made improvements to our on-line request process. To submit a request for sponsorship or funding, please click on the link and register as a New Applicant. Once registered, users may log-in using their pre-established credentials.