Getting the Care You Need
Welcome to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona! We are happy to have you as a member and want to help you get the healthcare you need. You will find that we have a friendly, helpful service team. We work to help you and your family with the choices and care you need to stay healthy.
This online guide will help you learn how your health plan works and how to get the most out of your healthcare. We are here to help make this easy and help you with any questions you have.
Choosing a Doctor in Your Network
It's always a good idea to check if a doctor, hospital, or other facility is part of your AZ Blue network before you see them.
Ways to find a doctor:
- Use the Find a Doctor Tool
- Call the number on the back of your AZ Blue ID card for help locating a doctor or hospital
Nurse On Call
Get health advice anytime with Nurse On Call. Registered nurses are available 24/7 to help with non-emergency health situations like:
- Go over any symptoms you’re having
- Let you know if your issue needs care right away
- Take care of minor illnesses and injuries
- Learn more about lab tests and drugs your doctor orders
- Review preventive care
- Get ready for doctor visits
Multilingual nurses available by phone or online. Chat anytime with confidence in the privacy and security of your conversation.
To reach a nurse:
Stay healthy and avoid common diseases with preventive care like regular health exams, shots, cancer screenings, and health counseling. You and your doctor can collaborate on a health plan together.
Preventive care looks like:
- A scheduled doctor visit to talk about a non-emergency health issue
- Regular doctor visits for minor illness and injuries
- Yearly lab work
Remember: Preventive services are offered at no cost for ACA plans.
Need medical care quickly, but your primary care doctor isn't available? In-network urgent care facilities can help you get care quickly without the expense of the emergency room.
At urgent care centers you:
- Don’t need an appointment
- Can get X-rays, lab work, meds, and other care
To know if urgent care is right for you: Call Nurse On Call 24/7 at 1-866-422-2729.In an emergency, always dial 911
Planned Hospital Stay Tips: Keep your costs low by following these steps.
1. Make sure your hospital and doctors are in-network
To save money, find out if your hospital and doctors are in our network. Because most hospital care often comes from more than one doctor, for example a surgeon and an anesthesiologist, it’s good to know which are in the network.
Seeking out-of-network care means that you may be responsible for your own medical costs. You could be billed the balance for the services provided during your stay.
3. Meet with your doctor to coordinate care and prepare for your stay
For many planned hospital stays, there are a lot of things to consider in advance. Your doctor can help you be better prepared for your visit.