Supplier Diversity Statement
At Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, we are committed to helping to improve the well-being and financial health of local businesses and suppliers who are owned and operated by members of historically underserved and underrepresented populations.
We believe that buying from local, Arizona-based businesses fuels economic health at the community level.
We believe that buying from diverse-owned suppliers brings innovation, high quality goods and services, and efficiencies to our supply chain, leading to competitive advantage for our company.
We also believe that economic inclusion of locally-owned and diverse-owned suppliers enriches the quality of life in the communities in which we live and operate.
Business Classifications Recognized
Our Supplier Diversity Program prioritizes engaging businesses that are locally-owned (headquartered in AZ) and/or classified as a Small Business by the Small Business Association (SBA), and/or owned by the following, historically underutilized, groups:
- Ethnic Minorities
- Veterans and Service-Disabled Veterans
- Persons with a Disability
- Persons who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, or Intersex
All companies must be at least 51% owned, controlled, operated, and managed by US citizens.
Our Supplier Diversity Program recognizes certifications/designations from the following organizations:
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) or local affiliates
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) or local affiliates
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- US Business Leadership Network (USBLN)
- Federal government (SBA, SAM)
- State government
- Local government
- Members of the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF)