Over The Counter COVID-19 Testing Reimbursements
As of January 15, most Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona plans will reimburse over the counter at-home rapid COVID-19 tests for group, individual, and Medicaid health plans. Tests must be purchased on or after January 15 and be FDA approved or have emergency use authorization (EUA) to qualify for reimbursement. View a list of FDA-approved or EUA tests.
Health Choice Medicaid Members
Reimbursement is not available through AHCCCS at this time. Members can get a test with a prescription from an AHCCCS registered pharmacy.
Visit healthchoiceaz.com for information.
$0 Diagnostic & Antigen Testing
BCBSAZ is waiving your copay or co-insurance for COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing when the test is:
- FDA-approved or has received emergency use approval (EUA) from the FDA;
- Ordered by a qualified provider
- Performed according to guidelines from the CDC (diagnostic) or conducted at a qualified lab (antibody). At-home antibody tests are covered with a provider's order if they are processed by a qualified lab.
Here’s how you can get reimbursed
All Group and Individual Members
- Fill out the COVID-19 At Home Test Kit Reimbursement Form
- Cut out the UPC barcode label found on your test. The UPC is the barcode label they scan when you purchase your test.
- Mail your completed form, original receipt and the UPC barcode label(s) from the test(s) to BCBSAZ, P.O. Box 2924, Phoenix, AZ 85062-2924
Federal Employee Program (FEP) Members
- Visit www.fepblue.org to download the “Health Benefits Claim Form”
- The form can be found by clicking “Manage Your Health” in the top toolbar, choose “Manage Claims & Records,” then download the “Health Benefits Claim Form”
- Complete the form, attach your COVID-19 test receipt, and mail it to P.O. Box 2924, Phoenix, AZ 85062 (address on the back of member ID card)