Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for reimbursement?
Group, individual, and FEP health plan members are eligible for reimbursement per the federal mandate. Medicare and Medicaid members do not qualify at this time.
How and when will I be able to submit for reimbursement?
You can submit for reimbursement now using the COVID-19 At-Home Test Reimbursement Form. As a reminder, the purchase should be on or after January 15, and tests must be FDA approved or have received emergency use authorization (EUA) from the FDA.
What is the reimbursement process?
Group and individual health plan members must submit a claim form to BCBSAZ via mail. We require one claim form per member with the hard copy receipt and UPC code from the test (the claim may include multiple tests). Members will be reimbursed via a check mailed to the address we have on file within 30 days.
These are the steps for reimbursement:
- Fill out the COVID-19 At Home Test Kit Reimbursement Form
- Cut out the UPC barcode label found on your test. The UPC is the barcode label they scan when you purchase your test.
- Mail your completed form, original receipt and the UPC barcode label(s) from the test(s) to BCBSAZ, P.O. Box 2924, Phoenix, AZ 85062-2924
When and how will I be reimbursed?
You will be reimbursed via a check mailed to the address we have on file within 30 days of BCBSAZ receiving your claim reimbursement form.
Can I get reimbursed for purchases before January 15, 2022?
No. To be eligible to be reimbursed, tests must have been purchased on or after January 15, 2022.
How long do I have to submit?
One year from the date of purchase, as long as your test was purchased on or after January 15, 2022.
Which tests are covered or approved for reimbursement?
Every variety of over the counter COVID-19 test that is authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is covered under the new initiative, including, but not limited to:
- Abbott’s BinaxNow COVID-19 Antigen Self-Test
- Abbott’s BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card 2 Home Test
- SD Biosensor’s COVID-19 At-Home Test
- Siemens’ Clinitest Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Self-Test
- iHealth Labs’ iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test
- Access Bio’s CareStart COVID-19 Antigen Test
- BD Veritor At-Home COVID-19 Test
- inBios’ SCOV-2 Ag Detect Rapid Self-Test
- OraSure Technologies’ InteliSwab COVID-19 Rapid Test
- Celltrion DiaTrust COVID-19 Ag Home Test
- QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test
- ACON Laboratories, Inc. Flowflex COVID-19 Antigen Home Test
- Ellume COVID-19 Home Test
- Intrivo On/Go COVID-19 Antigen Self-Testing
The list can be found on the FDA website and search “OTC”: In Vitro Diagnostics EUAs - Antigen Diagnostic Tests for SARS-CoV-2 | FDA
What if I can’t find a test?
If you can’t find a test, and you may have been exposed to COVID-19, and at-home tests aren’t available, follow the CDC guidelines for quarantine and isolation. You can also call your primary care provider.
Will tests for return-to-work be covered?
No. The mandate does not apply to tests purchased for employment purposes.
Is BCBSAZ offering a network of preferred pharmacies/retailers?
We are still discussing preferred pharmacy or retail network options. For now, we will reimburse claims based on the actual cost incurred by the member.
Is there a limit on the reimbursement amount?
For now, we will reimburse claims based on the actual cost incurred by the member. This may change in the future.
Is there a limit to the number of tests I can get reimbursed?
Yes, you are limited to 8 tests per member per 30 days.
Are test quantities based on the number of actual tests or packages?
Reimbursements will be made according to the number of tests, not boxes. For example, purchasing 4 boxes with 2 tests in each box would meet a member's 8 test maximum for the month.