BCBSAZ Member Coverage Updates
Temporary closure of Medicare Service Centers to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Social distancing is one of the most important things we can do to help stop the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). It means putting physical space between people. That’s why many people are working from home, schools are closed, and big events canceled. For us, it means keeping all BCBSAZ walk-in centers closed for eight weeks as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Medicare Advantage members
- Early refills available through June 10, 2020. You can have an early refill of 30-day prescriptions you take for a long-term or chronic condition in almost all cases.
- You can receive a 90-day supply of a medication if your plan offers mail-order pharmacy benefits, and you sign up for this service. Many of our plans also cover 90-day supplies purchased at retail pharmacies. You can check your plan benefits online at azblue.com/MyBlue.
- If there is a shortage of the medication you take, we will work with you and your doctor to identify an alternate option. If that medication costs more than the one you normally take, you won’t have to pay the additional amount.
Blue MedicareRx Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) members
- You can have an early refill of any 30-day prescriptions you take for a long-term or chronic condition in almost all cases.
- You can sign up for mail-order pharmacy service and receive up to a 90-day supply of most medications. Your plan also covers 90-day supplies purchased at retail pharmacies. To learn more about how to sign up for mail order, visit www.yourazmedicaresolutions.com/members/mail-order-prescriptions-arizona.
- If there is a shortage of the medication you take, we will work with you and your doctor to identify an alternate option.
- We understand that it may be more challenging to see your doctor during this time. We want to help. So, if you have an existing authorization for a medication that will expire between March 23 and June 30, we are extending most authorizations for 90 additional days.