Short-term Health Plans (non ACA-Compliant)
You may want to consider an alternative health plan option such as short-term medical. This type of plan is available for 30 – 90 day temporary coverage. Plans include:
- Doctor visits,* hospital stays, and more
- Options to add Rx drug benefits, out-of-pocket expense coverage, and telemedicine
- Enroll any time of the year -- there’s no deadline
- Reapply for another 30 – 90 days of coverage anytime
- Excludes pre-existing medical conditions
Short-Term Medical FAQs PDF
Short-Term Medical Pros & Cons PDF
STM plans are offered by The IHC Group and underwritten by Independence American Insurance Company
(IAIC), a member of The IHC Group. The IHC Group and IAIC are independent companies that do not
provide, offer or sell BCBSAZ products or services and are solely responsible for the products and services they
provide. Short-term medical (STM) insurance is temporary coverage with limited benefits. It is not ACAcompliant,
doesn’t cover pre-existing conditions and is not guaranteed-issue. You may still be subject to a
federal tax penalty.
*One office visit copay per person per 30-90 day coverage.